- Apple is making an extra effort to ensure that our holiday resolutions and goals are not given up on so easily this year. To do this, they are providing an app that provides a quick and easy 7 min workout – for free! Normally available for (a modest) $1.99, the 7 Minute Workout Challenge is currently free to download thanks to the Apple App Store.
- Developed by Fitness Guide and released in July 2013, 7 Minute Workout Challenge is a research-backed workout program app that helps you work toward your fitness goals in, as its name suggests, just 7 minutes.
- Researchers have selected 12 exercises that are performed for 30 seconds with 10-second rest intervals. This high-intensity, 7-minute interval training results in higher daily metabolism and according to the researchers, is the equivalent of working out for over an hour. The best part? The exercises are simple to perform, do not require any equipment, and therefore, can be done anywhere!
- This offer expires Feb. 20, 2014, so take advantage while you still can. The 7-minute workout app is available in the Apple App Store and is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch, running iOS 6.0 or later.
- It’s great when such a large and ubiquitous company goes out of their way to make apps such as this available to consumers. There’s no immediate benefit for the company to do this, but it adds a human touch and shows that they’re a company who cares about its customers’ wellbeing. Another benefit is that the app will have a wide reach amongst Apple’s millions of customers, hopefully bringing to the forefront of people’s minds the reminder to live a healthier life.
- Even though the app normally does not come at a tremendous cost, it’s nice to have things offered for free once in a while. With so many free fitness resources out there, there’s no motivation for people to want to pay anything for an app like this. But, having the convenience of a quick and easy workout in an app will hopefully motivate people to download it while it’s still free.
- Seeing the immense impact that a 7-minute workout can have really reinforces the idea that small changes can make a huge difference in your life. While there’s no quick fix for living a healthy lifestyle, this is one step in the right direction. Not to mention it will make you feel as though there’s NO EXCUSE for not investing the minuscule amount of time to perform the exercises. So go on and get downloading! (Sorry to all of the Android users out there!)